[Maarten Van Horenbeeck] [Information Security]
Papers and documents
This page provides some content I have written with regards to Information Security.
- OPCDE: Revisiting the State
OPCDE opening keynote covering how states' views of the internet changed, and affect cyber security
- USENIX LISA: An Internet of Governments
Presentation at USENIX LISA in San Francisco on internet governance
- Incident Response: Art, Science and Engineering
Keynote at HITCon in Taipei covering the history of large scale security incident response
- Update on DNS Hijackings
Presentation at ICANN in Durban, South Africa, on DNS hijackings
- Five Years of Persistent Threats
RSA 2010 talk with Bruce Dang on targeted attacks
- Is Troy Burning? Analysis of Targeted Attacks
Presentation at SANSFire 2008 in Washington DC on targeted attacks
- Managing the Targeted cyber threat
Paper on the various techniques to manage targeted attacks
- Crouching Powerpoint, Hidden Trojan
Presentation at 24C3 on e-mail borne targeted attacks
- Information Security Intelligence
Presentation for the ISSA Brussels-European chapter on June 18th 2007
- Belgium's intelligence community: new challenges and opportunities
Published in the Journal of Information Warfare, November 2006
- Deception on the network: thinking differently about covert channels
Presented at the 7th Australian Information Warfare and Security Conference, December 2006.
Paper can be downloaded here and slides here.
- Forensic investigation and its relationship with IA and Corporate Governance (35 pages)
This was a certification paper for the PostGraduate Certificate in Multidisciplinary Forensic Investigation.
- IT Crime Profiling using Intrusion Detection(78 pages)
This was a certification paper for the GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst certification.
- Presentation for a Linux User Group in Belgium [Graphics] [Text]
- Hardening Windows NT & 2000 machines (63 pages)
- Setting up an OS/2 firewall (6 pages)